We work closely with the Nursery team to build on children's development so far and continue their learning journey to achieve their next milestones.
Our Reception goals
We aim for your child to be able to:
- Be confident to ask and answer questions and explore the classroom environment.
- Tell a story using taught vocabulary.
- Complete the daily mile.
- Write a message to a friend using phonic knowledge.
- Articulate their own feelings and be sensitive to others.
- Prepare and retell the sequence of preparing a healthy snack.
- Experience and identify all seasons and weathers using correct vocabulary.
- Decide on a play project, complete and evaluate it.
- Investigate patterns and be confident with numbers to 10.
Reading Meeting 15th September 2023
New Reception Parents for Children Starting Sept 2023 power-point of meeting held July 2023
Hand Washing Song -please sing this with your child when they wash their hands at home
Collective worship at home
All collective worship at home documents are now saved under Remote Education Extra.
https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/(books here can be browsed by age range)
If you are looking for more physical activity for your child, I would recommend:
for some simple PE challenges, focussed on personal bests. They include things like "how many times can you pass a ball around your tummy without dropping it in 60 seconds?" Some require equipment e.g. a beanbag and a hoop, if you don't have these at home, you could always improvise with a balled up sock and a skipping rope/belt laid out in a circle/ draw a circle in chalk.
The section at the very bottom of this page is full of stories and songs that the children might enjoy, some of which they will recognise from school (so far we've enjoyed the jolly phonics songs and the big number song together as a class.)
Doubles Song - http://www.viewpure.com/At0quRa90rs?start=0&end=0
If any of the links on this page do not work - please let us know in school, there is an occasional technical hitch, which we would be eager to solve if it ever crops up.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites.