Cherry Hinton Church of England Primary School has a long tradition. It was the first school to be founded in the village in 1818 by the Vicar, Professor Bewick Bridge. He was a Fellow of Peterhouse, which is why we still have links with the college. It was a Church of England foundation and thus has ‘Foundation’ Governors appointed by the Church of St Andrew. The school was enlarged in 1890 and in 1938 a new schoolroom was attached. The present buildings date from 1970 and extra nursery provision was added in 1980. Two new classrooms were built to accommodate Key Stage 2 pupils when the school changed status from a two form entry infant school to a single form entry primary school in 2011.
The school buildings are spacious, attractive and well resourced. Large pleasant grounds with an extensive hard area playground and a generous playing field surround the School. The hall is large and well equipped for PE and drama.
The school is proud of its Christian foundation and the continuing commitment to excellence in education and care for the children of Cherry Hinton.